Learn how to massage your baby in a supportive, baby & parent led environment. Baby massage has been a longstanding parenting tradition in many cultures & has been introduced to & gained in popularity in the western world over the last 30 years. Much research has been carried out that shows both the short & long term benefits of baby massage to the child themselves & the community.
Benefits of Baby Massage
- Helps your baby to feel securely attached, loved, valued & respected
- Relaxes & calms, reducing emotional distress & crying
- Stimulates the circulation, digestive, nervous & lymphatic systems
- Develops body awareness & co-ordination
- Increases recognition of facial & emotional expressions
- Develops social skills & emotional health & development
- Relief from colic, wind, constipation & teething
- An opportunity to spend quality one-to-one time with your baby
- Helps with bonding & feeling closer to your baby
- Gain a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying & body language
- Learn a life long skill that can be used at home & shared with other family members
- Enjoy the relaxation & share the calming benefits with your baby
- Research has shown that baby massage can help with post natal depression
About the Course
Accredited with The International Association of Infant Massage the course combines Indian & Swedish massage techniques with gentle yoga inspired stretches & reflexology principles. Baby massage is suitable from birth to crawling & can easily be adapted for babies born prematurely or with disabilities
The 6 week course involves gradual learning & practice of the massage & discussions about baby related topics such as development stages, tummy problems & how to treat them, aromatherapy & reflexology for babies…
The course fee of £60 is payable in advance and includes a tote bag with massage booklet and a bottle of organic sunflower massage oil.
Courses can also be arranged for groups & held at your chosen venue/home & one-to-one private appointments are also available. Please enquire for more info.
Please bring with you the following:
- Your baby’s usual changing bag with nappies, wipes, nappy sacs etc.
- 2 towels or blankets that can be used for your baby to lie on & be supported with
- Anything that you need to feed your baby (we can warm bottles for you)
- if your baby has eczema & you would prefer to use their cream please bring that along
- Please wear something comfortable as we will be sitting on the floor to carry out the massage. I advise that you avoid wearing scarves and jewellery that could dangle onto and be grabbed by your baby.
I don’t have any courses running at the moment, please contact me for further information.